I sent an email to the place Foxy boarded previously......and because we both have aol mail, I can tell that they simply deleted it unread. Um.....what the hell?
Foxy was swimming towards me just before I left for work. Actually, not swimming but sloshing. The water is now ankle deep in a good portion of the front of the yard and I think we will get a few more inches in the next day or so. This is completely ridiculous! If you go to weather.com and search Knoxville, TN....looking at the radar there is just a constant stream of storms passing directly over us. I honestly think we have had (or are going to have) more rain in the last week and next week than the last year. Foxy probably could have lived at my house the last year and a half no problem....we went MONTHS without any rain prior to her moving her.
I don't get it.....
So much for my idea of boarding her temporarily while I decide what to do with her (and get past the worst of the weather). That's a little difficult considering the boarding people didn't even read my email. How weird....
I'm still looking for other boarding locally but generally places want a 6-12 month contract, not a short term boarding. I am not willing to commit to anything more than a month right now. I might have to try the hot tape fencing into the shed again. Last time I did not turn it on as she is generally respectful. maybe this time I will do two strands and make them hot. I considered buying panels and that may work....or it may not, and if not, is just another worthless expense.
There is supposedly a barn about 10 to 20 miles south of me that has pasture and stall boarding....it may be the one my farrier mentioned to me the other day (or maybe not!) but that may be an option. Their pasture boarding is not too ridiculous and I truly think Foxy would be happy in pasture as long as she had buddies. We'll see. Even if I did stall boarding for a month and then transitioned to pasture, that may work to get her weight back up before sending her out with other horses.
I actually caught her (sloshing) down to the part near the shed where I have some hay still left out there. Interesting! I will be spending an hour or two out in the mess this evening so she can be in the shed and can dry out a bit. I actually need to put a tie ring on the wall...with another ring on top of it for a hay bag. Then she could stand there and eat and have no choice in the matter. ha!
[edited to add: apparently the website for that boarding barn is old....their prices have gone up and pasture board is no longer available. Can I seriously have any worse luck?]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good riddance! Don't like it, don't read it, plain and simple.
Post a Comment