Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What about a Mirror?

The subject line says it all. What about a mirror? Foxy is lonely...what if I put a mirror in the shed? She could stand next to herself all day long. Maybe I could collect some horse hair from the brush and lightly dust the frame, spin a circle three times and sing kumbuya? Or not, but hmmmm.....you know like with birds that are lonely? You give them a mirror and then they spend all their time sitting with their new best friend (themselves).

I need a cd of horse snorting and nickering sounds, and a large mirror......

I don't think she would actually fall for that, but.....wouldn't hurt to try. I could get a couple cheap floor length mirrors from walmart or something. Somehow I don't think horses are that dumb....but who knows! I guess you run the risk of her kicking and breaking them. But Foxy is not a kicker so......

I need more creative ideas here! I need to trick the horse into thinking her shed is AWESOME. Shavings, hay, mirrors and soft music....maybe some incense and candles to set the mood. Er, uh, wait that's not it......

2 comments:

SOSHorses said...

OMG you are cracking me up.

Were you able to get a hold of Angie in Chattanooga?

Rhandir said...

Funny you should say that, I was just about to suggest it. They make special unbreakable ones for horses. I found one here http://cgi.ebay.com/Horse-Stall-Mirrors-Better-than-any-old-toy_W0QQitemZ130276384786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130276384786&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

If the link doesn't work go to ebay, sporting goods, equestrian and put a search in for mirror.