I did convince her to chase an apple in her bucket a bit ago and was rewarded with a bit of a drink of water on her part. She has been grazing almost all day, in the grass and also the hay laying around. I brought out a small bucket (about 1.5-2lbs alfalfa and maybe 1/2 lb beet pulp, soaked) of mush and dumped it in the tub on top of some hay and she ate quite a bit of it before wandering off to eat grass. She ate all of the readily available mush, what is left is mushed into the hay in the tub.
She did lay down for a while this afternoon.....but otherwise has been acting pretty normally. As long as she is up and walking around, good appetite and passing manure, we will keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. I put a tube of probiotics in her mush, along with some granular probiotics (and electrolytes, vitamins, mare magic, etc). She has definitely been up more today than yesterday so we can count that as a win.
Putting blankets on and off with this shoulder issue is interesting. I have to kind of fling it while keeping my elbow tucked against my body. Ha ha ha, I bet it looks ridic. I accidently jabbed her in the back with my left elbow earlier trying to balance and keep her overblanket on while pulling the under and she did not appreciate that at all. Foxy is so unappreciative of all I do for her! Damn

No comments:
Post a Comment