Monday, June 30, 2008

The Aftermath. Or not.

Today I went to see Ms Foxy to check on her after yesterday. She nickered when I arrived and was mostly same as normal. A little snorty when I walked her out to the pasture (we just walked around a little) but nothing too horrendous. I checked her over and saw nothing obvious to cause the craziness. Although she may be in heat....but she has never been overly hormonal or crazy so who knows.

Doesn't she look like a crazed wild bucking beast?
Photobucket


Yeah.

And telling me what she thinks of saddling.

Photobucket


She was ouchy, as expected. I wonder about her sometimes....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Foxy & Foxy's mom! I just came across your blog & it seems serendipitous, as I am coming back to riding after many (ahem) years, am trying to decide between 2 rescue candidates, & have many of the same issues & feelings you've written about. If you're comfortable with doing so, can you enlighten us about how you found Foxy, what her prior history was (if you know much of it), & how you decided on her? I'm so wishy-washy about picking which of the 2 to go with, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about the experience from someone who's been through it already. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Princess Foxy and Janelle,

Just as gorgeous and pampered as ever I see. Sorry to hear that Foxy is having hoof troubles. Love that you have your own house and hope your move was as good for you as it sounds. Red is doing delightful - we are going horse camping this weekend. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! HORSE camping! Another dream come true.

Hey, one of my major learning sprees the last two years has been barefoot trimming. I am now doing Red's hoofs myself - and Lyra's, my new 20 yr old TB mare (Red sneers at her whevever he sees her).

There is a really cool hoof forum on horsecity.com - you can take pictures of your horses' hoofs, upload them onto the BB, and these amazing barefoot hoof wizards will give you incredibly helpful feedback on problems or trimming points.

Might be worth a try. Love your blog and re-discovering Princess Foxy.

Cherie - Red's mom

MsFoxy said...

Shirley,

It is a quite long story about Ms Foxy. Unfortunately she turned out to be a Not-so-great match for me, as can happen buying a horse off a picture over the internet, ha ha ha. She is nice but has lots of issues and was not handled. I am a first time owner. As you can see....bad combination!

Someday I may make a post detailing her past, but for now it is probably enough to say she was a scared mostly unhandled (or badly handled) 8ish year old mare that I bought over the internet sight unseen (via rescue group, logn story). She is very sweet but training wise, we are exactly what should NOT happen. Oh well.......

Cherie,

Hello! Horse camping does sound fun, I know a few people who do that..I'm not one of them! Unfortunately as you can see from this blog, Ms Foxy is not sound, physically or mentally (haha). She is probably just going to be a lawn mowing pasture potato from here on out. At least she's pretty....