Went to see Ms Foxy today....I have been working overtime this week and haven't been able to get out there in a few days. I am actually thinking of running back over as she just seemed a little off. She was laying in her stall when I got there....which was kind of weird since it was only about 8-9ish and still bright out. All the other horses were up and standing in their stalls. And there was no poop! The other horses all had a pile or two (or three).
She did nicker loudly and hop right up when I said hi. And was ravenous for some carrots. I gave her a good brushing and petted her and brought her out into the arena to pick her feet in the bright light. She never tried to roll or anything weird, and I could hear gut sounds....but it just seemed slightly off. I gave her a fresh bucket of water before I left (hers was mostly empty).
Interestingly enough, she had two tiny sores on her withers, on her left side. The last time she had two tiny sores on her withers was when we first saddled her up and she bucked like an insane thing....years ago. The saddle had semi-QH bars and we decided that was the problem, I bought a full-QH bars saddle and never had any more problems. Now....is it the bucking that causes the sores, or the sores that cause the bucking, eh? This is the same saddle I used successfully for months and months. It has never given her a sore before. And she did not have a sore immediately afterwards. Nor did she when she was in the ill fitting saddle years ago. But a week or two later, a sore will pop up. Same thing both times.
Weird! What came first, the chicken or the egg? The bucking or the saddle sore?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hmmmm, maybe they kinda came together? The saddle (since you'd used it before) made her muscles sore, instigated the bucking, making her muscular soreness turn into open sores. Wow, that was a sentence! Do you know how to check to see whether a saddle fits/does not fit? Do you know anyone who could tell?
Hey! Wondering how you guys are. I hope everything is ok, we haven't had an update on Foxy lately.
cindy
Post a Comment