Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rollin, rollin, rollin.....

It is still hot as hell out here....Foxy is still in "recover" mode from the feet issues and so I decided to go out today and give her a hose-off. She was in the middle field with the pond...along with Abby, her best buddy QH mare. So I get out there, and truck into the field and call her. And she promptly walks in the opposite direction. Her and Abby walk quickly to the opposite side of the pond (across the little dirt bridge) and stop to drink out of it.....I am hiking my way over there as well. I call her a few more times and she turns and walks straight into the pond! WTF ASSHOLE.

So her and Abby are in the pond. And then they start pawing. (Abby is the solid sorrel QH, Foxy is the sorrel with big white blaze and white rear stocking, wearing the fly mask.

Photobucket

And then Abby lays down in the pond and rolls! Wtf! I was so surpised that I did not get a picture.

And then Foxy lays down in the pond. I was prepared this time and got a pic!

Photobucket

And Foxy half rolls too, so that she gets most of her body under water, except her head and most of her neck. At least she kept the mud off her mask and water out of her ears.

Then they truck on out of the pond on the opposite side from me...and completely ignore me!

Photobucket


So I go walking towards them...jump over the ditch and get closer just in time to have them start moving off again. Well screw that, I shooed them towards the ditch, split Abby off in the opposite direction and cornered little Ms Asshole next to a tree, with the ditch on one side and the fence on the other. Walked up and clipped her lead rope on and walked her out without a complaint. What an ass! she totally did not want to work today. Can't blame her...but still, show a little respect!


So I tied her up and hosed her off. Then, I was rolling the hose up and she halfway unties herself and is screaming for her buddy who is near the fence across the arena. Damn it, I was irritated at this point. I had already had to lay the smack down on her when I was trying to take her fly mask off and she kept pulling her head away so she could turn and look over her shoulder....DYING TO SEE IF SHE COULD SEE HER BUDDDY. Screw NH, she got a whack in the shoulder for ripping her head out of my hands to look for her friend.

So anyways, she is apparently feeling well enough to avoid me in the pasture and ignore me in favor of her buddy....so I got out the lunge line and lunged her lightly. She was not perfect but more sound than she has been in a while. She was actually pretty sound while lunged but gimpy at the walk afterwards. It is one leg much more than the other. We'll see. It was not as bad as it could have been and I worked her a little more than I usually do. I am hoping to go see her after work tomorrow to see how she is doing as it is usually the day after that is worse.

So I gave her some carrots after our little session and then put her back out with her buddy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Micha said...

They can be such assholes at times ay! But surely not Foxy, she is way too gorgeous!

Pony Girl said...

That was funny, seeing the picture of Foxy laying in the pond! I have never seen a horse do that although have heard to be careful riding across creeks. I can't imagine my horse rolling in water, he bareful walks through a puddle, lol!
Somehow Foxy needs to realize that YOU are her buddy and first herd member, not Miss Abby! ;)

MsFoxy said...

Micha,
Foxy is generally not an asshole. I think this was really one of the only times she has ever basically just flipped me the bird. She is usually so sweet and happy to see me. Stinking spoiled rotten brat...

Pony Girl,
I would not have believed it if I did not see it! Foxy can be a bit timid of things and I just did not see that coming. However, it is good for her to just "be a horse" so I can't complain too much. Plus, it really was VERY HOT that day. Ah well....