Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sick as a dog

This is the story of my life right now.



Photobucket


I am so sick. SO SICK.


I made the mistake of sharing my breakfast with my niece on Saturday. And then it turned out she was getting sick. GREAT. By Saturday night I was feeling a little wonky and then Sunday morning, boom, sore throat. I felt shitty on Monday....but better on Tuesday! whoo! And then WOW shitty on Wednesday and today much worse. I actually woke up with no voice today. It came back pretty quick, but man I have just about hacked up a lung today alone. I had to send out a few boxes of samples and I'm pretty sure I just started an epidemic in the Southeast. My germs are on their way to Florida, Georgia and western Tennessee. Whoops. Should have busted out the germ-x and lysol wipes before then, I guess.

I might have to break down and go to the doctor tomorrow. I hate going to the doctor! I think it was a cold that morphed into a sinus and throat infection or something. BASTARDS.


I am so fricking sick now. I came home from work and just plopped on the couch and slept for two hours. Then I made the mistake of going out to get some chicken stuff done and decided to haul down the chicken feed and stall pellets I had bought which involves lugging them myself down the hill to the garage....and cleaned up part of the garage and got my new tubs organized and filled with feed and got all the chickens put away and their feeders and waterers filled and all the bags hauled back up the trash.

And then I came inside and SUFFERED from doing "too much". Even if it is way less than "normal".

I could totally justify calling in sick to work tomorrow. I actually might have to so I can go to the doctor. Here's hoping I make a miraculous recovery overnight.



So I don't have much to post. Did I post any recent pics of my baby bird in the nest? It was close to flying away....and is now gone.


Adios baby bird.




Photobucket


That egg never hatched and needs to be dumped. The 5 eggs in the other nest that never hatched also need to be dumped. It's on the "the list". More about that later.


Ms Bella started on her heart medication last night. Between her and Norman, I have way too many pill containers and medications floating around here. I need to write up a new "daily animal stuff" list now that I have the chickens and she is on medication. I used to keep it posted on my fridge in case of emergency. Basically a run down of a day of animal stuff, when stuff happens, what should happen, who gets what, etc etc etc. Time for a new one. It is going to be so ridiculous, I totally will have to post it here once I make it.

Mr Frankie goes to get his shots on Saturday morning. My mom is here visiting and so will be going with me to help out. He does not travel well so it takes two people to get him in the truck and transported. Fortunately I did also find one of those metal tubular pet barriers yesterday at clearance on Walmart for $13. Hell yeah! Hopefully that will work to keep him contained so that from now on I can move him myself. Can't beat $13, what a bargain.



Haven't updated about my stupid car lately.




Photobucket


If it can make it another two weeks, it'll hit 100,000 miles. Whoopty doo dah.





Remember when I posted pics of my chicken drawings from my coworker's board? Well, we erased those a long time ago. My own board is full of actual work related things (literally FULL, I love that stupid board), so I have to draw on other people's.

Work sucks so we made our own private paradise.





Photobucket



I think the next step is another tree and a hammock in between. I did everything but the flying birds, that was her own finishing touch, ha ha ha.



So I ended up with TWO Honest Scrap awards! One Red Horse said I should do 10 things about myself and 10 about Foxy, so that is what I will do. I might struggle giving the award to 10 blogs because I honestly don't read many blogs, ha ha ha. I am a slacker.


I am working on my 10 things lists and will make a separate post about it. SOON. I promise.


Off to hack up another lung or two. This is ridic!

4 comments:

Jess said...

YOU SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR AND STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE IF YOU ARE ILL. JMHO.

:) especially if you have a fever...

Hope you are better soon. Love your board... it is the funny!

Ambi said...

I hope you're not at work today, and I hope you feel better. Still managed to get Taco Bell, huh? :)

Take it easy, woman!

MsFoxy said...

I think I have been sick long enough I should not even be contagious anymore.

I am at work today but contemplating running out to the doctor at some point (it is right around the corner from here). We'll see! If not, I will be buying some serious cold drugs at lunch time....

The taco bell cup was actually left over from lunch as I met my mom, bro in law and niece for lunch there. Then I refilled it for the rest of the day, because I am too lazy to wash dishes.

Word Verification: vessecti.
I don't think I even need to go there.

Kelly said...

Wow, I hope you feel better. There are a lot of nasty colds going around here too lately. Its been such a strange cold season. Nothing beats have a cold during the summer, they are so hard to get rid of.

Take care of yourself and take it easy! Last thing we need is you incapable of blogging! :) Although they do have wireless at the hospitals now (haha J/K) I only know because I was chatting online after they cut my child out of me. Opps, sorry for the graphic.

Feel better.