DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.
I have celebrated this sickness by planting my ass on the couch and barely leaving it all day. Yay me.
Yesterday we took Frankie in for his yearly shots (finally!). He was SO GOOD for the vet, the little bastard. He is much better behaved at the vet than at home. He flopped onto his back for a belly rub while they were doing the nasal bordatella and didn't even snort it up. I'm not even sure he noticed the actual injections he got.
Crazy dog.
To celebrate, I finally moved his new crate inside to replace "the hole".
Remember "the hole"?

Well, that sucked for Frankie because it really WAS like "the hole" aka solitary confinement. So I found an almost new wire crate that also came with a bed....on Craigslist for $50. Whoo!
Then I had to drive to the other side of the city and drive down this gravel road to a back house that was all hidden from view and then back down this steep hill under a low tree....just to pick it up....but let's not discuss that part.
Ever again.
So I got this finally set up. It is slightly larger than the other crate I had and the bed is awesome.
Frankie totally approves.

He gets in there even when the door is open. It is nice for him to be "part of the family" even when he is locked up for being a bastard.
Of course I had to throw Toby and Bella in there to check it out too.

They did not approve.
How much did they not approve, you say?

I'M SO SORRY BELLA, I WILL NEVER DO THAT EVER AGAIN.
Even Norman the cat had to check it out.

Norman, did you not learn your lesson last time you were in Frankie's crate?
Frankie of course, is happy as can be. New crate! New friends at the vet office!
New Toy!

I can't imagine being Frankie.....life is SO EXCITING ALL THE TIME. It would wear me out.
Speaking of wearing me out.
Let's discuss Stewie the chicken.
So after her near death experience on Friday, you would think she would be careful right? She used up a life in the bucket incident. She used up a life in the dog vs chicken incident.
TIME TO BE CAREFUL, RIGHT?
Wrong.
Because chickens are the dumbest creatures in all the world. Since Frankie shredded her little pen, I have just left her loose in the yard during the day. That was all fine and dandy while we were at the vet. It was even fine and dandy after we got back home. But then I went outside to do something and Stewie was following me around the yard and then went back under the deck.
All seemed fine.
Then an hour or two later, my mom left to go over my sister's place. And she came running back and banging on the door yelling that the chicken was loose.
So I go out there and she is out in the front yard, in the planter right near the road.
STEWIE!
Have you ever tried to catch a loose chicken? It is very difficult. Even friendly chickens tend to run when a very large
So I go out there and she is under this big bush/tree thing and so I move slow and lean down and grab her just as she starts to move away.
Stinking chicken.
I end up sticking her in Frankie's OLD crate on the deck while I stapled a piece of mesh over the big gaping hole in her little pen. It is only chicken proof, any other animal could bust in, but will be fine as long as Frankie is not in the yard.
Did I mention this all occurred during the neighborhood garage sale?
They all must think I am crazy.
I did let Frankie back out into the yard and he immediately ran over and grabbed the new piece of mesh and started yanking it off. Bastard.
I will work on fixing it up better when I feel better. Until then, Frankie is on restriction.
I think Stewie actually just wants to be a house chicken. I have no doubt that after she was following me around the yard and then I went up the steps and into the house, she figured out a way (either over the fence or up onto the deck railing and through the slats) to get on the deck to come looking for me. Since she is now alone, I am her buddy. She totally squats for me like I am a rooster when I reach for her. I just fluff her feathers and pat her butt a couple times. She doesn't know the difference and thinks she just got some rooster action.
Whatever works right?
I think she wants me to buy her some chicken diapers and make her a house chicken.
HA!
You guys think I made that up right? People actually do that.

Is that not hilarious?
And there are also "chicken saddles" for chickens that have a rooster who is too "rough" with them. It wears the feathers off their back and they end up with a big bald spot. So you can buy "saddles" that will cover it and protect them.
HILARIOUS.

Of course, my rooster is so huge if he was rough with the girls, they might all get squashed to death, so lets not hope for that.
But still. HILARIOUSLY CUTE.
Anyways.....
Remember I posted about the new nest that had a single egg?
That bird has been busy.
Here it was yesterday.

And then today.

What can I say, animals really like me for some reason.
When I get home, all the dogs go crazy.
It's like I've been gone for a year.

There is barking and whining and jumping and flailing. It sounds like I have an animal shelter in my house. Which, okay, maybe I just about DO, but really. The amount of FREAKING OUT is ridiculous.
And when I look out front, even the other animals have to come give me a WELCOME HOME.

I'm surrounded!
Literally. As soon as I hit the couch, Norman is all over me.

I can't even go on the porch without being surrounded.

Er. Wait. Maybe I should deal with that?
And did I mention the snake in the yard out back?
Where is a big manly man when you need them? Harumph.
[Honest Scrap post...tomorrow! stay tuned for 10 things you never knew you wanted to know about me and foxy]

7 comments:
ROFLMAO!! Chicken daiper!! XD
Well, I hope you get better soon! The chicken diaper is priceless! I would love to see a picture of you, your cat and the chicken just chillin on the couch.
New blog, "My indoor chicken"
i hope you are feeling better!
My coop is built! 5 of the 6 are living in it outside. So exciting!
The other one is not doing great. Not feathering properly at all. Don't know what to do.
AW! Feel better! The chicken saddles are hilarious! I love when you post about Frankie, crazy dogs are so entertaining.
www.focusingongrasshoppers.blogspot.com
I can't wait to see the pattern for your chicken's diapers. I know you are so bringing Stewie in the house...
Feel better soon.
And the chicken diapers give a whole new meaning to "FoxyPants"...
I'm not going to lie, i am totally going to buy Stewie a diaper JUST IN CASE.
growingwhileshrinking,
Is the other one acting normal? eating normal? Just feathering slowly? Or overall "off"? my roosters always feather slower :) Post a pic so we can see how it is "different".
I had one who was weak and almost died in the beginning and then was waaaay behind the others for a long time. She has finally jumped back up to be pretty close, but it took months.
Post a Comment