Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up

Have I seriously not posted any recent pictures of the cutest baby donkey ever to exist?


None since that first day?


WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!


I have to admit, I have been out to see Ms Foxy....um....THREE TIMES since I last posted pics of the cute baby.


Whoops?


I am a blogging slacker.


Okay okay let's catch up.





Photobucket

OMG SO CUTE.





Photobucket

How could you resist this completely adorable little donkey?




Photobucket

They are the cutest little pair ever.





Photobucket

Foxy is kind of obsessed with them.


So that was the one day.......and then on Friday my mom flew in and of course she had to go visit the baby donkey this weekend!






Photobucket


Still damn cute!




Photobucket

Such cute little stripes and donkey markings.




Photobucket

I'M SO SORRY MOM. SHE TOLD ME TO DELETE THIS BUT I AM A BASTARD OF A CHILD.

okay, not technically, but IN PERSONALITY, yes.




And for size comparison??




Photobucket

My mom and Ms Foxy.



I went on the 4th of July and pulled Ms Foxy's flymask off and replaced it with her safety halter, complete with name tag with my info.


JUST IN CASE.


Foxy has not seemed to be bothered by fireworks at all since I have owned her but this was the first year she was turned out during the 4th...all other years, she has been stalled. So I wanted to make sure she was protected, JUST IN CASE.

Then I went back the next morning and took her halter off and put her mask back on. Foxy has been having major sunburn problems on her nose off and on.....I am going to go ahead and get her a long nose fly mask as there is just no realistic way to get sunscreen on her nose every morning. That is on the list for this week!

When I was out doing that, I bumped into the BO and we discussed the baby donkey situation.

Um.


Oops?


Apparently that day I arrived and it was the first time I saw the baby donkey?

THAT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS JUST BORN.


I, um. Might have interrupted the whole process? When I got there and the momma donkey and baby and Foxy were near the old hay pile? And I took Ms Foxy out and rinsed her and stuck her in front of the fan and by the time I put her back, the momma donkey and baby were back by the back fenceline? And I took pictures for a few minutes and then left?

Apparently the BO did not even know the baby donkey existed yet! It was an oopsie baby....after all the baby donkeys were killed by the pack of dogs last year, they decided to no longer breed and gelded all the male donkeys.


So it appears there was an affair between Jack and Izzy just before he got the knife. Because now there is a baby donkey.


And that day when I was taking pictures of them and Foxy was being CRAZY protective? After I left the BO noticed the baby donkey and went out there and it was still wet. It was that young.

Okay I have to admit that it did not walk well that first day, but anyone who has seen donkeys know they are kind of goofy, so I just thought it was relatively young (like couple of days) and donkey retarded, right?

No apparently, the BO found them still at the back fenceline and the placenta was even back there.


WHOOPS.


I totally interrupted the whole birthing process, without knowing it.


SORRY IZZY!



But speaking of donkeys, the neighbors put the horses and donkey back in the front field. Not sure if the cow is with them or got moved away or to the back field.


Ralph the donkey is pretty funny.



Photobucket



I don't know the name of the buckskin gelding. They also have the big appy but I can't remember the name of him either....he was on the other side of the field when I was taking pics.



Those are the same neighbors that came over and pulled the mower out of the hole for me that one day.


I'll totally admit.



I'm not very good at mowing.


Photobucket

Sadly, I have to mow at least once a week otherwise my yard gets craaaaazy.


And so last week I was mowing along, you know, just minding my own business.



AND I TOTALLY GOT STUCK IN THE SAME HOLE AGAIN.


MOTHER EFFER.


And my neighbors were NOT HOME.


WTF. I cannot work like this!!



I actually was going to miss the hole but then slid a little and got stuck and then was able to jump up and down on the mower to get better traction and really the only way out of the hole while driving was to turn the wheels downhill.....which would put me right into the fence. But, I had this IDEA. I could bounce and get some traction as I was turning downhill, then as soon as I started to come out of the hole, I would turn back and straighten out and JUST MISS the fence AND make it out the hole.



It was a brilliant idea, I have to admit.



Poorly executed, but brilliant idea.


I actually WOULD HAVE MADE IT. Except for that damn fence post. The fence will flex a little and I could have pulled it off! Instead the front wheel jammed right into the fence post and I could not move AT ALL.

Stupid fricking lawn mower.


And my neighbor was STILL NOT HOME DAMN IT.



So I pulled the lawn mower key out and left the stupid fucker out there all night.


Yes, it is in plain view of the street. But seriously!? It is facing downhill jammed up against a fence post. If you haul it backwards, it ends up in the hole. It can't go forward. If someone wants to drag that bastard 50 feet up a steep hill full of hoof holes, STEAL THE STUPID THING.


So I went to bed and the next morning when I got up to let the chickens out, I went back out there, LIFTED THE GODDAMN FRONT END OF THE MOWER UP and moved it out from the fence post. Because I am hercules Then I started it up and drove the little buggar right up the hill and to the driveway.

Not sure why I did not try that the night before.


WHATEVER.




So what else is new with me?


We did some fun things on the 4th.....went to see the Wig Keeper.



Photobucket

Even though I have lived here for years I have never been to the giant shiny ball in the sky.


Until now.




Photobucket

That's a really tall ball.




I did find an interesting sign inside.



Photobucket



Is that a double something or other? A safe area of refuge? Couln't they have said a safe area or maybe just an area of refuge?

Crazy southerners.


They like their really really obvious signs.





Photobucket

REMEMBER! 5!


Did they really need to say REMEMBER? Like, would anyone have looked at the 5 and gone hmmmmmmmmm, 5, no need to remember that? Like. DUH.



Of course, this was my niece's second 4th of July, but as she is only 14 months old now, this was her first REAL ONE.





Photobucket
Power to the crazy auntie!



She is the cutest child EVER. I don't even like children, but I like her. She is special.


She is SO SPECIAL that I shared my cinnamon raisin biscuit with her for breakfast on Saturday and was rewarded with the PLAGUE.



Thanks, kid.




I think I'll stick with the furry kids.



Even when they are trying to hide from thunder under my laptop tray table.



Photobucket




And sit like Buddha. Or like Al Bundy on Married with Children.



Photobucket



Oh Norman, you crazy bastard. You just crack me up. sorry mom! you should have covered your face!



Except for how last night he STOLE my nyquil gelcap and ran off with it in his MOUTH and I had to start screaming and chasing him around the house until he dropped it.

Crazy cat trying to commit suicide with Nyquil. Would that be CATICIDE?




I haven't updated the baby bird nesting situation in a while. Of the 9 eggs only 1 ever hatched. It is getting pretty big and should probably be flying away any day now.




Photobucket





Speaking of eggs......


LOOK WHAT I HAVE.




Photobucket


Yep, those are fake.



Le Sigh.



Those are wooden eggs from Michaels that I painted. I am going to stick them in the nesting box (er, uh, plastic dish washing tub that is a temporary nesting box) to give the chickens the idea since they are all SLACKERS.



Photobucket

YEAH YOU. SLACKER.





Photobucket

YOU TOO YOU EVIL LITTLE BUTTERCUP.




Ooh, ooh, let's have a flashback to the past. The white chicken up there? And the spotted buttecup?

Here they are, along with the GIANT rooster and his lady.



Photobucket


Pretty obvious which is which right? Pay close attention to the size of the black chicks as compared to the little metal bowl they are at?



That was 4 months ago.



And now?


Here is a picture of the giant rooster next to the same dish (missing the cover with holes, but is the same size).



Photobucket

Holy shit that is a GIANT ROOSTER.

My life is FLASHING before my eyes.

1981, you were just as good this time around......



Speaking of Roosters, yes the Evil Crockpot is gone for good. Poor little Stewie is not doing well, the other chickens won't stop attacking her :(

She is still having to go in her little pen by herself during the day, although I have been putting her in the big coop at night.




Photobucket


As long as everone is already in bed, and Stew stays on the roosts once everyone wakes up? Then everything is okay. As soon as she is on the ground? BOOM! Attack time!


I am going to work on getting the bigger pen built in the next couple weeks and then the big kids that are SO MEAN to her will go in there, and Stewie plus the younger ones will go together in the current pen. I will just build a divider in the coop for now since it is big enough for all seventeen chickens.

Seventeen? I just need one more and then I'll be legal!

JUST KIDDING.



Last week I posted about the gate I built. It is working well!


Bella approves!



Photobucket



And so does Toby!




Photobucket





Looking good! Just needs to finish drying and get painted. Maybe next week....




Photobucket




I know I was totally a slacker and did not post for a bit, but if you were following my twitter you would have known I was alive and well! And also that I hate Wes from the Bachelorette like THE DEVIL. And that a lot of my tweets are food related.

Yum?

You would also know that the coffee at my work smells just like soaking beet pulp.


AND I DRINK IT ANYWAYS.





One last thing before I go.


This?


May not be the best way to advertise a kitten for a new home.


I'm just saying.....



Photobucket



[eta: also, someone gave me a blog award and I am supposed to answer some questions and I totally cannot find that comment now........whoever gave it to me, send me another comment with a link and I will do it this week!]

6 comments:

mrsmph said...

Sure wish I had time to read all my peep's tweets! I'm lucky I have the time to read the blogs I like, never mind write my own....Keep up the great work! :)

http://www.raccoonscooteroo.blogspot.com/

Dori said...

The baby donkey is adorable. Totally adorable..

Dana said...

I saw that picture of your mom and the baby donkey (SO CUTE!) and immediately thought, "whoever that is will be maaaaad when she sees this." Ha.

Patches said...

I think that was me that left you the award...here is the link to my post... http://furryfourleggedkids.blogspot.com/2009/06/honest-scrap.html

My friend has a breeding pair of mini donks and the babies are the cutest things EVER! And holy sh%# that is a BIG rooster!!!

restoration42 said...

WOW! And here I come to give you the Honest Scrap award - you've been "double scrapped"!!! Does that mean you have to post TWENTY items about yourself? Maybe 10 about you and 10 about Foxy Pants. Here is my official presentation:

The Honest Scrap is one of my favorite awards circulating in the blogosphere. I enjoy it because it gives the blog writer a chance to share some little known facts about theirself. Please accept this award, drop by my blog to check the rules and have fun passing it on.

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

I love the picture of Foxy, it looks like she's smiling.

AND the baby donkey, pretty much the cutest thing ever!!