This almost looks like a mower....
Stuck in a hole....
On a hill....
Next to a fence....

If, um, that is actually what this picture is.......then perhaps a neighbor came over and drug the stupid fucking mower out of the hole for me.
Perhaps.
ANYWAYS. Since I had an extra hour of free time where my mower was otherwise engaged, I finished making the chicken pen six feet tall. It is by far not finished, but FUNCTIONAL.

It still has the smaller 4 foot gate, which is good enough for now, to be honest. Making gates is fricking ridiculous. Maybe someday I will change it. Or maybe not, since the only thing it is used for is to refill food and waterers, and I plan on making some others that are accessible from the outside.
As I mentioned earlier, the Evil Rooster did not go in his day pen today so I just left his stupid ass loose in the yard. He was still kicking when I got home. Okay, so technically he was still dancing. Even with me just standing on the deck looking out over the yard, he growls and drops a wing and dances around trying to fight with me.
I have to admit, I brought Frankie out and let him annoy Crockpot a bit. Frankie needs something to do to "engage" him, so I want to teach him to herd the chickens a bit. Mostly he just wants to eat them though.

So I got the chicken pen worked on, I took out the trash, watered all the plants, refilled all the feeders and waterers, swept the garage, etc etc. I was just jamming along all DISGRUNTLED about the stupid mower. I did manage to mow a stripe in the front yard (and all of the back) before getting stuck.
Guess I will finish tomorrow?
The little chickies should be getting excited. They should have a day playpen within a week or two. I am going to start putting up the "big" chicken pen this week, and will move the girl and crockpot (if he is still here) back there, freeing up their little day pen for the little kids to go out in. I am going to then work on either putting a divider into the coop, or making another one, for the Blue Andalusian set. We'll see!
It's funny, I had no motivation whatsoever to work on stuff again until today.....once I get started working again, I am okay for a few days of serious motivation. I am going to try to get the big pen at least started, get the two gates built (for the front porch and back deck), get the front porch all cleared off finally.....and I think that might be it for "big jobs". Of course, the new or modified coop would be nice but I am not quite in dire straits for it just yet.
Earlier I mentioned Bella having eye problems.
Now, let's look at it this way.
If you dropped your totally normal dog off at the vet/groomers and picked them up looking like this......

...what would you do?
This is the second time this has happened although this time seems worse than the last. Is she getting hair in her eye? Soap in her eye? Nicked with the clippers? Allergic to the shampoo?
Once is a freak thing, twice makes me wonder. I am in the market for a new groomer, apparently.
Fortunately, she is back to almost normal today.

She is so darn cute. So I think she has always had a heart murmur, but it was significantly worse this visit, so she is on once daily meds for it now. I'm sure its the whole poodle/congestive heart failure thing, poor little Bella. Because of all the eye drama I will start it this weekend.
I also finally found a low cost clinic for Frankie to get his yearly shots. Did I mention Bella was due for her rabies and it was $36? Yikes! That is completely ridiculous. Frankie will go to the low cost place next month when my mom is here so she can help (since he is so crazy it takes two people to drive him somewhere).
In summation of today, all of that work makes a crazy lady hungry.

It's never a good sign when it takes two plates.

6 comments:
They are small plates! ;) Poor Bella! Chey has been doing the eye thing the last couple nights. Of course it comes and goes. If there is a toy or treats in the vacinity, suddenly her eye is just fine. lol Glad it's getting better and good luck finding a new groomer!
I have a little something for you over at my blog.
Hi! New to your blog, but lovin' it! Cracking up at the riding mower. I have finally just "kind-of" made friends with my rider. I thought we were going to be best buds when I first brought her home, but she wasn't all that nice at first. She's a little *tippy* and I don't appreciate it when she gets stuck on our hill and then spins her tires when I try to back up. Grrr. Anyway, just wanted to say hi from a fellow lawnmower curser to another! P.S. Hope you get that groomer situation figured out...poor little gal. My dog's eye swelled up like that once from a bug bite, but it's kinda coincidential with the groomer appt. Hmmm...
haha riding lawnmowers, what PITA's. Dr. thunder? Is that like dr.pepper?
That is a serious pile of chow, lol..
Do you think that they gave her a sedative or something else to calm her down when the trim her? That could give her the crazy eyes.
2 plates is nothing! It's all healthy!
Patches, yes that is my theory. Small plates! I didn't end up eating it all anyways. Okay maybe MOST of it, but not all of it.
Thanks for the award! I will pick it up and post it this weekend :)
Hi Jrosey, welcome to Crazy Land. I am a complete mowing failure as I can't mow very well on hills (and my whole yard is hilly damn it), I get stuck in holes and I crashed into a bush the other day too. Did I ever mention the time I got the wheel stuck spinning over an underground bee hive?
Let's never discuss mowing ever again.
Sydney, yes Dr Thunder is like Dr Pepper...it is Walmart's cheap version. It is half the price and doesn't taste half bad. I'm poor, so I take $0.78/bottle Dr Thunder over $1.50 Dr Pepper. Yum.
Dori, I am a hungry person, what can I say? Ha!
Denali,
I highly doubt they sedated her....she is "easy" to groom (never had any complaints from any other groomer OR from them, they always say "she was so good") and it is just the one eye that is irritated. The other didn't look normal this time either, but it reminded me of "sick eyes" where they just don't feel good and so their eyes look funny.
If I only needed two plates because they were small (as per Patches up above) AND it was all healthy (as per Denali)....does that mean the calories didn't count? SWEET!
Post a Comment