Thursday, June 11, 2009

That was chicken shit

OKAY I AM SO READY FOR THIS DAY TO BE OVER.

THE EVIL ROOSTER ATTACKED ME.

I SLIPPED IN CHICKEN SHIT AND WENT ASS OVER TEA KETTLE IN THE CHICKEN PEN.

I GOT SOMETHING IN MY EYE AND NOW IT IS REALLY IRRITATED.

NOW THERE IS A HUGE STORM ON THE WAY. TORNADO WATCH. THE USUAL.

LAST NIGHT WE HAD A BIG STORM AND THE POWER WENT OUT FOR LIKE......4 HOURS.


WTF WORLD. WTF.




Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest......


Dude, seriously. Chicken shit that is wet and on a hill is like ICE. Ever stepped on ice? And your feet are slipping and sliding and you are flailing around and if there is something to grab onto you are hanging off it with your hands and your feet are still slipping and sliding every which way?

Okay, so I am in the chicken pen. Which is on a hill. And I am slipping and sliding and hanging onto the chicken ladder and the pen is only 4 feet tall so I am crouched over and trying to stay ass up and next thing I know KERBLAM I am on the ground. Like, I didn't just slip and fall, I hit the ground and slid a foot down the hill. On my ass. In the chicken shit.


Yay.


I am laughing hysterically now just thinking about it. It wasn't all that funny at the time but now it is. I only had maybe 1 chicken put away at the time so I ended up hanging off the chicken ladder with one arm, and grabbing chickens with the other hand while I slipped and slid up the hill to the chicken door. Flailing. Struggling.


Hilarity.


I did manage to absolutely demolish my KHAKI work pants (ha ha ha ha), shoes, hands and ARM. Scraped my elbow up a bit.

DENTED MY PRIDE.



Whatever.



So the evil rooster....is exceptionally evil today. When I went to get him out of the day pen tonight, he was attacking the mesh near where my hand was hovering, trying to get me. Then he attacked Stew.

I might have to kill him.

With my bare hands.

Accidently, just like I almost did this morning.

He bit me when I tried to pick him up to get him out of the night shed. And I just automatically went for the neck. I guess I am too used to dogs....I go for the collar when they misbehave. Just about accidently wrung his neck.

The little bastard.





Photobucket
Who are you calling a bastard?





YOU. YOU ARE SO EVIL. EVIL EVIL EVIL.





Photobucket



DOESN'T HE LOOK LIKE HE IS JUST READY FOR A FIGHT?




Photobucket





TRY TO GET IN THE CAGE?


GOTTA GET THROUGH HIM.




Photobucket




WANT TO TOUCH STEW?


GOTTA GET THROUGH HIM.




Photobucket




CROCKPOT DOESN'T SCREW AROUND. TOUCH HIS WOMAN AND HE WILL TAKE YOU OUT.


AND SHE KNOWS IT AND USES IT TO HER ADVANTAGE.




Photobucket




EVIL.




EVEN FROM OUTSIDE THE CAGE HE IS EVIL. LOOK AT HOW HE LOOKS AT ME LIKE HE IS PLOTTING TO KILL ME.



Photobucket


SO EVIL.



Tomorrow we are going to work on fencing outside. I may throw Stew in with the other chickens in the other pen to see how it goes since we will be around to "babysit" and make sure nobody gets killed. Crockpot can stay loose or in his pen and I will just have to get rid of him. HE TRIED TO ATTACK ME. Evil. I am going to totally dropkick him one of these days.


SO EVIL.





Speaking of Evil...........






Photobucket
That was just wrong. I am sweet and innocent and perfect.



Ms Foxy got her hooves trimmed yesterday. They have just totally gone to shit since the last trim. Even the farrier was like OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO HER FEET. They look better now but still kind of a mess. They should be grown out to a big "ring" in two more trims. I think it is the mark from when I moved her from my house to the new boarding place......I can always count back to "events" in her life on her hooves. If only we could go a whole 8-12 months with no "events".






Photobucket
That would be glorious! Where is the clover?



Interestingly enough, last time I went to see Ms Foxy, Rain was still with her in the field and Foxy did her evil avoiding me thing. Of course, Rain was basically herding her around the field the whole time. I was able to walk them down and then Rain turned one way and Foxy the other and I was able to get the halter on Foxy.

Yesterday, Ms Rain was back out in the big front field with her other buddies, leaving Ms Foxy with just the 3 little mini donkeys again. So I walk out to the field yesterday and Foxy gives me a big nickerwhinny and comes walking right for me, even with me walking at her. No problems catching. She is such a goof.



One thing she is really good at is leaving very quickly once I turn her loose. She whinnies for her buddies in the next field and then walks over there really quickly.






Photobucket
Later!



She had a few rub marks on her face and a wound near her nostril. It's always something with her..........her eyes were pretty irritated also, so I switched her googly eye fly mask with her good old regular mask, since it fits a little better.


That's it for now! big storm on the way and time to turn off the computer. Tomorrow is pull t-posts and reset them in different area of yard day. I took down the front part of the electric and we are taking the back portion and refencing with mesh fencing so the yard is more useful for the dogs. Should be exhausting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Try friggn wild turkeys!! I was driving one of my girls the other day and I hear this noise, like a damn elephant coming through the bush. It runs out into the lane, my horse stops and buggs her eyes out of her head, snorts at it and then the thing charges back into the bush. My horse was like OMFG IT'S A HORSE EATING MONSTER!!!! aye...I have my doubts about my horses surviving in the wild.

Dori said...

I've got to stop reading this at work. Every time I laugh out loud, someone has to know why...

As for Crockpot, I'll be happy to send you my chicken & dumpling recipe...

MsFoxy said...

Sliding down a hill on my ass in chicken shit is definitely not a good day by my scale!

I have never seen a wild turkey, go figure. My coworkers sees them day in and out....but me? never seen a wild turkey!

Dori, I don't think I can bring myself to eat him but someone else might get to......


word verification: skidod

As in, When the crazy chicken lady slipped in the chicken shit, she skidod down the hill.

Michelle said...

OMG, this is hysterical! Thanks for the laughs!