
Hi guys.

Okay, so we have totally had the chicken discussion before but you guys just don't listen. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL.
MY BLOG.
NOT A CHICKEN BLOG.
A HORSE BLOG.
LET ME SEE WHAT WOULD FIX THIS. LET ME PONDER THIS...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........
MORE VISITS.
MORE CARROTS.
LESS CHICKENS.
GOT IT?
GOOD.

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A FAN?
YES. A FAN.
A GLORIOUS GLORIOUS WONDERFUL FAN.

OH DEAR GOD, IT FEELS WONDERFUL. WONDERFUL GLORIOUS FABULOUS BLOWING AIR.

I LOVE THIS FAN.

WHAT DID YOU SAY?
DID SOMEONE JUST ASK TO HEAR ABOUT THE EVIL ROOSTER?

DO NOT APPROVE!!!!!!!!!

GOT IT?

NOW BACK TO MY FAN.........
IS THERE ANYTHING MORE GLORIOUS THAN A BIG FAN ON A HOT DAY?

DAMN YOU.

NOM NOM NOM.....

THANKS CRAZY LADY, TIME TO GO BACK!!
Alright, enough of the crazy horse......I pulled her out, hosed her off and stood her in front of the big fan to cool down. It has been SO HOT. Heat index over a hundred degrees with some SERIOUS humidity. Poor Foxy.
So Ms Foxy was really really really excited to go back to her field with her 3 little mini donkey friends. So excited that as I opened the gate she let out a huge whinny in my ear to them at the far end and just about ran off when I unclipped the halter.

Foxy where are you going so quickly?

OMG WHY ARE YOU CHASING DOWN THE DONKEYS!?!?!
YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN PINNED AN EAR AT A HORSE BEFORE. YOU ARE THE WIMPIEST HORSE THAT EVER LIVED. AND YOU JUST MADE A BEELINE FOR THOSE TWO, GOT THEM TURNED AROUND AND ON THE RUN.
AND THEN YOU WENT BACK TO THE OTHER DONKEY.

Foxy why are you hovering by that donkey?
Why are you standing between her and the other two donkeys and guarding her from them?
Why won't you let the other donkeys anywhere near her?

A BABY DONKEY!!!! A BABY MINI DONKEY THAT IS BARELY BIGGER THAN A BEAGLE.
OMG THE CUTEST EVER!!!
And Foxy wants to steal it so badly, ha ha ha ha. She hovers and paces and the little mini donkey mama kicks out at her and then Foxy backs off and just grazes nearby and makes sure the other donkies are way on the other side of the field. I wondered why she was hanging out right near one mini donkey while the other two were way on the other side of the field, when I first got there.
NOW I KNOW.
Actually I don't think she wants to steal it, she just really really really likes babies. She does not like babies who try to nurse off her, but she does like to see them and visit them and guard them from evil mini donkeys who might try to breathe the same air as them.
HILARIOUS.
Speaking of guarding attack animals.......

Oh shut up, you jerk.
I'm tired of you trying to attack me.

EVIL.
But that is okay. Because while I was trying to find someone to take you, I busted out my evil rooster protection.

Yeah, that's right. I can see you quaking in your feathers from here.
However. I no longer need this. Because Crockpot was invited to a 4th of July barbeque and also offered a name change to Colonel Sanders.....and he has accepted the offer! He will be leaving Saturday afternoon. His girl will move into the big kids coop Saturday night, in a small area I will partition off with chicken wire for her. She will still go out in her pen alone during the day for a couple days, but I am going to move it to be next to their pen so they can get used to seeing her. Crockpot has gotten pretty aggressive with her lately, and has been spending the days loose in the yard while she is in the little pen, and I have started putting her away early to give her some time off from him, if he is in the pen with her. She no longer does her crazy chicken screeching when they are separated....she actually seems relieved and happier. And he has gotten more and more aggressive every day, to where he now drops his wing and runs around growing at me even from up on the deck....and jumps at the pen fencing trying to bust out to get me.
So perfect timing.
Adios Crockpot. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN NICER.
And in keeping with the reducing chicken numbers theme, I sold 5 (count em, 5!) chickens this week! Or rather, presold these chickens which are going to go Saturday morning.
It is the three black chicks with pants, the afro chick and another of the young bunch. The afro chick and the other one are both BOYS, so I am giving them to the lady who is buying the three chicks with pants. She is SO EXCITED about them, apparently she has wanted cochins for a while and can't find any locally. They are driving almost 2 hours to meet me to pick them up. They have a bunch already, including a goose that gets to wear a diaper and stay in the house (hahaha!), so they are going to a good place.
Bye girls!

Bye Crazy Lady! Nice knowing you!
I decided to keep my three speckled chicks with pants. THEY ARE MY FAVORITES.

Hi Crazy Lady blogger people!

Okay, bye now!
This should leave me with the correct number of boys for what I plan to do. I am going to add some fencing and have three separate pens, all in the space behind the garage. The posts are already in, I just need to put up fencing, build a divider in the coop and build another smaller coop. I will have a pen of the Blue Andalusians, white leghons and buttercups, a pen with the chicks with pants, red chickens and little red rooster, and a pen for the GIANT rooster and his harem. Once I have that ready I will get some other big girls for him, so he won't squash the little ones.

Holy shit, that is a Giant Rooster.

Giant.

And he is respectful of ME and does not bother me or even give me the evil eye.
Er.
Um.
Well, not much that is.....

help
[eta: holy cow, could a google search for donkeys be any more inappropriate??? ha ha ha ha]

WTF GOOGLE. There are children out there googling that shit!

9 comments:
hay there, so is Crockpot,like,,,,,,,going to be ON the 4th of July BBQ? But who will be the villan? baby mini donkey maybe? I like that rooster....from here anyway where he can't get ME....I was attacked by a rooster as a kid and this is about as close to feathers as I dare go.....
...will stay tuned....
Yes Mr Crockpot will be manning the grill, so to speak. He is ON the menu for their 4th of July BBQ. Which is sadly really the only thing you can do with mean roosters.
My coworker had planned on taking him originally but he became too aggressive and dangerous for her two small children to be around. Even if she had still wanted him (she did not), I would not have given him to her.
Have you come up with a name for your giant rooster? 'Cause, if not, I was thinking what about Andre, as in the Giant?
The Giant Rooster's name is Magnum....like, um, you know.....ha ha ha!
Maybe I will name another rooster Trojan?
Love the expressions on Foxy's face and the donkey picture was just wrong.
Hope Crockpot enjoys the bbq, lol...
Oh, Foxy, we are all Big Fans of you.
Constant lurker, LOVE your blog. You'll have to let us know if evil rooster tastes any better then grocery rooster. I expect pictures!
So the evil rooster finally gets his eh? I will miss hearing about his evilness ... but I bet Foxy won't miss competing with Crockpot for time on her blog - lol!
I just got word the Evil Rooster has already met the freezer. The lady said he was perfectly behaved, not evil at all, while at her place.
.......way to make me feel guilty....
Post a Comment