Well.
It has finally, actually.....come true.

That is Little Stewie.....she is such a kickass chicken. Once I get her away from her angry boyfriend, that is. I can hold her and pet her and she will even perch on my arm.
And then attempt to crawl up my arm and perch on my head.

(Excuse the boob-age, she was pulling the sweater down my arm and it was pulling my shirt down. Enjoy the free almost peep show, alright? Ha!)
And then I made the mistake of walking under the low doorway in the garage.

STEW! How dare you jump off my arm and flapfly up there. Damn you!
I tried calling her down and shaking the food container. And her evil boyfriend tried calling her from the night shed where he was already put away. She was upset and wanting to come down but afraid of the drop.
So I took a broom and knocked her off.
Whoops?
I gave her 10 minutes to figure it out on her own.
Those two crack me up. I have my ROOSTER RAKE now, that I use to beat Crockpot into submission. Even when he is super evil, he will go to the night shed and hop up on the fan and wait for me to pick him up and put him away.

Crazy birds.
Speaking of birds......

It has been 10 days since the last egg was laid. They should be hatching in the next couple days! The 5 eggs in the Carolina Wren nest appear to be abandoned again......I never see the parent birds around there. We'll see if they hatch in the next week or not.
So today on my lunchbreak, I'm just cruising along.
Minding my own business.
On my way to Taco Bell.
And then.
Next thing I know.........

Um. Blasting zone????
And then...

I was in the middle of town?
Blasting zone? What the heck?!
Sometimes I think I should blog at least a little bit every day. There is a blog I read that has a daily post no matter what, even if it is only a picture or two.
I wouldn't mind doing that.
But blogging is easier than it sounds.
Sometimes I feel like there is something standing in my way.
Something blocking the path of creativity and light from my brain to the keyboard.

I'm not sure why, though.
And sometimes I feel like someone is watching me.
Like, I'm alone yet not.

Hmmmm.......I must just be paranoid..........

5 comments:
Blasting? What were they blasting?
Whoo! Nice rack!
Now that I have that out of my system...
It seems like the weird things pursue certain people (like us). My stepdad tells me I attract crazy.
Do you ever stop in the middle of doing something and go, "Wait, this is my life? Really?"
Maybe it's just me.
I think the chickens should be named after the word verifications... falyna
How's Foxy? Does she know her blog has been taken over by chickens? :)
I don't know what they were blasting.....It was across the street from an elementary school, a library and a public park so whoooo knows. I didn't hear any explosions either...
Thanks Meghan! Ha!
I totally do stop and go I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS MY LIFE alllll the time. Not always in a good way either. If you had told me three years ago I would chasing a rooster around the yard with a rake and building animal pens.
Denali, Foxy has been horribly neglected by me the last week.....haven't been out to see her in over a week. How dare I just abandon her to a field full of green grass, fresh water, sunshine and friends.....horrible horse owner....
My dad flies out tomorrow and I am figuring I will run out to see her Sunday or Monday.
Hey! I was writing a message on a rescue page that I volunteer for and saw Foxy's face! Small world!
Also, Denali always HOPES that I don't show up, she prefers to do as she pleases...
Post a Comment