Monday, June 29, 2009

The deed is done

Photobucket


The Evil Rooster is gone. That picture was taken Saturday afternoon just before being delivered to his new person. He is still technically alive as they are not "processing" until Saturday.

On the one hand, I miss his evil asshole ways. On the other hand, adios sucker! It is nice to not have to mess with him and especially nice to not have to get him in and out of the night shed and try to keep him from attacking me.

Stew has been a bit upset but seems to be getting over it.






Photobucket
Where is my man?




She is still going out in her little pen alone during the day. The original plan was to move it back so it was next to the regular coop, so they could get used to seeing her during the day. But it is too hot back there to have it just out in the sun, where it is now she gets shade during the hottest part of the day under a tree.


I did move her into the regular coop for nighttime. I partitioned off an area under the "table" in there, making a little pen to keep her separated from the other ones. This way they can see her through the mesh but can't get to her.





Photobucket


I use a baby gate for a "door" in and out. I think in a few days I will try letting her out loose in the coop with them at least. We'll see what happens! There are 9 of them and 1 of her and some of the girls in there are craaaaaaazy.



I also delivered the black chicks with pants, the raytoro chick and the blue weird looking one yesterday morning. I have gotten updates that all is well with them, the raytoro chick has been renamed Einstein and the girls are getting introduced to their flock through the fence already (their rooster thinks they are sexy chicks, ha ha ha).



It was good timing to not have the Evil Rooster loose in the yard as there was a fledgeling down next to their day pen that I'm sure he would have killed.



Photobucket





He was on the next rung higher next time I saw him and then gone later in the day, so hopefully figured it out. I don't see a nest in that tree so not sure where he "belongs". Momma (or daddy) bird was hanging around while I was out there, just throwing a fit. I was waiting for a swooping attack.



Speaking of babies, the eggs in the hanging baskets on the porch have been a pretty resounding failure this round. Only the one egg ever hatched in the house finch nest and NONE in the Carolina Wren nest (it appeared abandoned).




Photobucket





Hey, I have a test for you guys!


What is this picture of?





Photobucket




Answer?




That is the grass coming at me at high velocity as I slip and fall out back.



Damn it.






Photobucket




Let us never discuss this ever again.




So today I went to the animal shelter.






Photobucket


OMG SO CUTE!




However, that puppy was crazy. It was in with this other smaller shepherd mix puppy and was just hounding (ha ha) it and hounding it and biting it. It kind of reminded me of Frankie. Finally the little dude tried to fight back and that brown puppy got all CRAZY VICIOUS at it. Dude, little puppy, you could not pay me to take you with that kind of attitude. No thanks!




I already have one asshole too many from that shelter.




Photobucket




I try to take pictures of Frankie out in the yard but they are usually epic failures. He really enjoys the big yard.



Really.



Really really really enjoys it.



He enjoys it so much that most of my pictures look like this.




Photobucket




Or like this.




Photobucket





Every now and then I get one like this.....





Photobucket




But only because he is tied to the Arbor there.




Crazy dog.




But either way, I did not go to the shelter to get a new dog. I actually wanted to look at the cats. I have been considering getting another cat for a while. Off and on.


Do I need any more animals?


Not really.


But I think Norman might like having a buddy.




Photobucket
SAY WHAT?





I mean. Um. I think Norman might like having another cat to beat the crap out of all day, every day.





Photobucket
Now that you mention it, I think this idea might have merit



Remember Animal Number 276?








Whenever I see a cat similar to her, it always makes me cringe and have crazy thoughts about going and rescuing them.....


So of course, I went down there to see this kitty.






Photobucket



However I could not remember her name or ID number and did not see her while I was there. So, I will just assume she was adopted. Ask no questions and they will tell you no lies!




And I have to admit I really really like black cats. I know a lot of people don't. They are probably the least likely cat to be adopted ever, just because of their color. How do you think I ended up with Norman's family? Black mom, 2 black kittens plus 1 gray. I also had a black and white tuxedo (Figaro) that my sister has now and a solid black cat that stayed with my parents in California (Penny). I love black cats!




And then I found this.




Photobucket



He looks JUST like Norman as a baby.



Argh.



Someone talk me out of it!!




Photobucket
Who cares, bust out the canned food already.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Its good to see crock pot going, a bit sad he will be a drum stick but hey, they all taste the same right! Foxy looks great! I think its adorable that she is guarding the donkey baby. You have to take some pictures of the baby when you can (well, assuming your horse will let you!)

As for the kitty, who the heck can resist kitten. We were at Petsmart over the weekend and they had tons of kitten from a local shelter. I had to remove myself from the room and remind myself of the annoying cat I already have at home. The one that constantly pukes up his dinner on my carpet. Although, I can't complain too much, he lets my daughter tackle him and use him for a pillow. What other cat would do that?

I am actually off to see my filly this weekend, so hopefully next week I will have some pictures up of her. She is having crazy hormone problems right now. Dam, if its not one thing its another. I really need to write her story on there. I may try to do that this week.

Ok, enough babbling from me.

Monica said...

Cute kitten! I am a sucker for kittens. I won't be able to talk you out of it, sorry.

Whipple said...

I'm with Norman. Bust out the canned food!

Although you could always get a three legged kitty. How can you resist a three legged kitty?

Sparkle said...

I personally love black fur balls. I have 3 black cats, a black dog, 7 black chickens, a black duck, black bunnies, and black moore fish...hey, if you're going to be a crazy cat/animal lady you might as well have a theme right?

MsFoxy said...

Hippo, I feel kind of bad about Crockpot especially after the lady who took him said how he was so well behaved with her. But bottom line is that I had too many roosters and he was the meanest of the bunch. I have no doubt the good behavior was short lived and due to the "extenuating circumstances".

I have emailed with the kitten lady but it is really far and kind of bad timing. We'll see. I may try to go out to see him on Thursday. Or not. Who knows.....


Whipple, can you imagine how fast a 3 legged kitty would get taken DOWN by Frankie? I actually do worry about a new kitten with him around. Toby is kitten safe, Bella is cranky but not horrible and so small it is not so bad.....Frankie could easily kill it as he is SO rambunctious and high prey drive.


Odessa, I hear ya, I used to have two black dogs, three black cats....and a shitload of black chickens. I always had trouble counting chickens at night (to make sure everyone was accounted for). Too many black heads to count! Now I can go....two white, two brown spotted, two black, three blue spotted. And Stewie who is red of course. When I had 5 blacks together, it was hard to keep track.

RuckusButt said...

Oh, I love Frankie! I am on my local shelter's site daily...don't need another pet! Nope, no I don't. Doesn't stop me from 'net shopping, it seems.

I can't figure out why you didn't "process" Crockpot for your own crockpot?? Or beer-can chicken, as the season dictates :)

Islandgirls said...

Happy 4th of July from Canada!
RIP Crockpot...