Ms Foxy gets her feet done tomorrow and I am making an appointment with the vet. I gave up on the scratches treatment and am just going to have the vet deal with it. I'm over it!
Now, because I was going out of town, I told my dear sweet mom who was petsitting to just open the doors and let the chickens all out together.

And so far so good! There is enough space for everyone to just get out of the way of each other and the younger roosters have been avoiding the Giant Rooster. He has enough presence to just scare the kids off.

Would you screw around with the Giant Rooster? I think not.
I gave my neighbor 6 of the 10 chicks I hatched out recently. Here they were last night.

Now I kept two of the Rhode Island Red chicks and the two poofy cheeked chicks. Pretty sure at least 3 of the 4 are girls. The two poofy cheeked chicks are both girls.

They're totally adorable. And spastic.
Now, onto the real story.
Ms Stew always loved her dear sweet rooster Crockpot.
And then he got the axe.
But now she has a new man.
She totally follows the giant rooster all over the yard. He tolerated her up until now. Now he totally seems to love her right back. It is so cute.

He takes good care of her.

Makes sure she has a bodyguard at all times.

He even stands watch while she dust bathes.

His feathers are finally growing back in, so he doesn't look so bad anymore.
Here he is standing watch while Stew is on the wall to the right getting a drink.

He is an impressive rooster. I can't wait until he finishes growing and the rest of his feathers fill in. And yes that is Stew on the left of the picture.

Hopefully the batch of eggs in the incubator will have some boys that have his temperament. I figure I will end up growing out at least 1 or 2 boys to see their size, personality and coloring......I know I can find homes for at least 1 with the horse lady.
Speaking of horses......better update later this week. Will have the farrier report from tomorrow and hopefully the vet report too.
That's all for now.

2 comments:
My goodness he's a huge rooster!!! Glad he is friendly with Stew and not trying to kill her.
My god! You weren't kidding when you said he's huge! Their love affair is awfully cute!
Post a Comment