Monday, September 28, 2009

More improvement

I have been SO BUSY OMG so the updates are a bit....lacking......


Ms Foxy's leg is still looking better and better. Here it was on the 23rd....



Photobucket



And here it was on the 26th......



Photobucket



As you can see the big wound on the upper left is still looking nasty. It was the most recent and severe so this is not unexpected. The one on the right side is healing well and most of the hair has grown back yay!


It does not help that the weather has been ridiculous. It has just rained and rained and rained and rained. So much so that Foxy and I have to jump a damn creek/ditch to get to the barn. RIDICULOUS.


I posted this info in the comments of the last post....here is the ointment I am using on her.




Photobucket




So far so good. I have struggled to get out there, so if i had been treating daily, I am sure it would be way better by now. But I do the best I can.....Work has been absolutely crazy, the weather has been crazy, and I am getting ready to go out of town for the weekend in addition to having my dad fly in for a visit.


In non Ms Foxy news..........do you ever feel like you are being followed?



Photobucket


The chickens have totally learned that I am the FOOD LADY. So I have 17 chickens following me around the yard at all times. It is kind of....disconcerting. That is a lot of chickens to follow you around. The giant rooster has gotten a bit STALKER-y. He hasn't done anything bad yet, but he is just always right there.......


Speaking of RIGHT THERE, it sure seemed like the little blue semi-evil rooster was a little louder than normal.




Photobucket


THAT IS MY BEDROOM WINDOW RIGHT THERE. WTF.





I did have a new step this last week......the chicks that I hatched out over a month ago had their first visit outside!




Photobucket


I still have all 23 of the little baby chicks......they are WAY overcrowded in their little tub, so I cleaned out the night/tack shed in the garage today and will get them moved out there tomorrow night. It is getting to be in the forties at night, so I need to get a new heat lamp bulb before I move them. All of the little chicks will move out there tomorrow....


Photobucket


....Not sure what I will do with the older chicks. I might put them into the big coop in a crate....or put the little divider back up in the night shed? or just leave them in a tub in the house for now? I mostly just need to put them somewhere for the weekend while I am gone as I will be starting to put them into that little pen during the day. Or into the big pen during the day? who knows.....


I'm still planning on getting rid of most if not all of the 23 chicks....just am buying myself some time with moving them into the night shed. We'll see! I think they will need to move outta there or get whittled down a bit, within the next month.



So I consistently get 5-6 eggs a day now. I have to laugh as I get two of each size....I guess because I have a lot of 'two of each' type chickens?



Photobucket



Kind of funny......

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha ha...those chicken stalkers might give me nightmares!

Anonymous said...

FYI: from a comment on Fugly: "Desinex powder is your friend! I had a Clyde with terrible scratches. So bad he had skin infections and someone had once shaved his feathers. I tried all the usual methods, but nothing worked. I had some Desinex foot powder (the stuff in the yellow can) and thought I would try that. It was easier to apply, and in 2 months every bit of the scratches were gone! All I did after that is once a week dust his legs to keep it away"...what ur using is working though, but just in case I thot I would share that bit of info

RandomBucknellian said...

Uh oh guys. Someone should go to her house and make sure the chickens haven't pecked out her brains!