Aren't I genius?
Except for how today there was such a torrential downpour that I have no doubt my grass seed will be sprouting.....it just might be 2 houses downhill considering the flood of rain that came down in a short period of time.
Of course, because I am a GENIUS, I was driving to see Ms Foxy and drop off her board check. In slip on shoes, capri pants and a t-shirt. And I cleaned my car for my trip this weekend so had no sweaters or anything.
Le sigh.
I ended up parking at the barn and mostly standing there peering out at the downpour.
I did walk over to the other end of the barn, under the covered connecting hallway and into the covered arena. From there I was able to get this close to Foxy.

Yep. I said HI FOXY and then turned around and left.
Although, I did stop on the way and say Hay to the Cat.

Hay. Cat. Get it?
GENIUS.
Did you guys hear about Pontiac? How there will no longer be a Pontiac. This saddens me. I love my Pontiac. I have had it since I was in high school. I love that car. When I bought my truck (2 years ago), I decided to sell it. When I moved to Tennessee, I even left it in California with my parents so they could sell it. We did not have many bites and it didn't sell easily or quickly...or at all. Because then the gas prices got higher and higher and higher.....and the truck was just killing me. It gets 15mpg on a good day.
So my dad drove my old car from California to Tennessee last June and I have been tearing up the TN roads with it every since. I love this car. I want to keep it forever and ever and ever. It is 10 and a half years old but still looks awesome. We had to have the transmission rebuilt 3 years ago (just after I bought Foxy) and it has had some issues here and there, but overall it has been a good car. And it was garage kept, with seat covers and regular washing and waxing (by me! ME!) and so is in good condition.
I love my little old batmobile.

Anyways, so yes, I am sad that Pontiac will be ending. Does that mean my car will be worth more? Hmmmmm....silver lining....
So, me and a friend are taking my good ol Firebird down to Birmingham tomorrow for the Crawfish Boil. Good times!
My sister and her hubby will be coming over Saturday night and Sunday morning to take care of the animals. I have too many animals. Because sadly, I have to actually type up instructions. Do this with these animals, do that with these animals, don't touch these animals, open this door, close this door, give this pill, feed this much to this one, and that much to that one, and half that to the other one, and one can for the cat. It is just ridic.
Fortunately, I am so anal retentive about stuff, it is kind of self explanatory anyways.

Which kind of reminds me....have I ever shown you the leaning tower of canned food? Okay, so it does not lean, but it is still a tower.
Of canned food.

I totally buy in bulk. Since I go through 2 and a half cases of cat food a month, I just buy all they have in his favorite flavors whenever it is on sale.
The other day a friend and I went to Petsmart on our lunch break. And the pet food was on sale! Like...20% the dry food and almost half price on the canned.
We had to get two carts. Seriously. Like, I had to make my poor coworker get her own cart so I could fill it with cat food. It's like the Duggars only in animal form. $159.64 (I guessed $164.13, obviously I do this too often) later....I had 6 weeks of dog food, 4 months of dry cat food and 2 months of canned cat food.
My poor little Firebird was riding a little low in back that day. I thought about picking up chicken feed on the way home from work while I was at it, but the only place left would have been the passenger seat.
And then I get funny looks.
Because I have totally done that before. Stuck a bag of dog food in the passenger seat and strapped it in with the seat belt. Safety first! Just don't go through the drive thru at food places because they will TOTALLY stare at you.
Psh, it's like they have never seen a bag of dog food strapped into the passenger seat of a sports car, or something.
ANYWAYS, that is about it. Here is the awesome bird nest update of the day.

That bird is working overtime.
Speaking of birds, I was able to grab Crockpot twice today without him attacking me. TWICE. This is totally progress. Maybe next he can learn to crow like a real rooster and not like a set of bagpipes getting stepped on by an elephant.

7 comments:
Your animals are very lucky to have you as their owner. Or slave.:)
When the eggs hatch you need to take a picture of the babies with all their mouths open.
Ahahahaha, try feeding 15 meowing, breeding barn cats. It costs me 2$ a day to feed those suckers! I swear the cheaper the food you buy for them they put hormones in them to make the cats breed twice as fast so you have to come back and buy more cheap cat food.
I completely forgot my comment when I read the "word verification"...
"Cater"
I thought I catered to my animals. Guess I'm not the only one. I put stickers with pictures of my dogs on the packages of food I prep for the dog sitter. Gt to make sure the right dog gets the right food.
I have been following for a while and just have to say: Your blog is officially amazing. I too have a firebird (red convertible) and it is the gas guzzling love of my life...along with all my animals. It's really great to know I'm not the only one with a money eating wonder horse!
Dear MsFoxy
I've been following the last few posts and can't help but comment- You're officially my hero. I too have a firebird and it's a gas guzzling vehicle of perfection! and I have too many pets, including a money eating wonder horse...but no chickens...yet...
Oh Foxy. I like the picture of her in the field, the little tiny speck of Foxy.
Word Verification: Lessessi - not needed, opposite of necessary
Denali felt that working under saddle was a lessessi and preferred treats.
Can I have your car? Seriously! I'll trade you a '93 Mitsub. Lancer (in RED! ok.. burgundy...)
I love your car.
Wonder if they'll ship one to Australia for me...
Post a Comment