Manly hens.
I've got them all.
Have you ever been given stink eye by a chicken? Or a Rooster?
Or a whole flock of them?
Well. I have.
Crockpot has been doing it for weeks. And I think he has been talking to the other chicks. Because, one minute they were sweet little fluffy chicks-with-pants.

Aren't their little bell bottoms impressive? They are like my own little private flock of disco chickens.

They are so adorable.
And then the next minute?

Um.
Gosh, I'm starting to wonder about that one. That's little dude! My favorite little guy I had to nurse back from the brink of death.
Um.
Little guy?

Why are you looking at me like that?
I saved you! I nursed you back from near death.
I cleaned the poop off your butt.

Stop that! Stop that right now!

Hey! Not you too!!

Why are you looking at me like that?
That's not funny!
Stop it!

Crap.
Little help here.

YES. Save me Crockpot! Save me from the evil little chicks-with-pants.

Wait a minute. Crockpot, why are you looking at me like that?

Crockpot! Stew! Stew, not you too!
They almost look like they are ready to attack.
But they would never do that to me.
Never.
Never ever never.

CROCKPOT!!!!!
Okay so I survived but only just barely. If looks could kill! They are all giving me stinkeye.
I am thinking they all need Pot names. Since that is where they may end up. Maybe I was onto something with Crockpot.
Stew can be StewPot.
Pot Pie.
Potsticker.
Potluck.
Pothead?
Munchies?
Would that not be completely wrong to name a chicken Munchies? Ha ha ha ha.

Did you say something about Munchkins?
No, Toby, not munchkins. Although you do look like the dog version of those freakish cats.

How about Stinkpot?
No, Frankie, that is YOUR nickname.

I vote for Crackpot.
NORMAN, STOP POINTING AT ME.

6 comments:
Oh dear - they do have the cutest feathery little feet... but I think you need to sharpen the axe and wave it around a little, they appear to be plotting a rebellion, you could wake up any day and find it has become Animal Farm.
I need to stop reading your blog so early in the morning. It unleashes my irreverence too rapidly.
Holy crap they grow fast! There's practically no baby stage at all.
They are ungrateful little things aren't they? I personally like Crockpot and Potsticker...
Wino, I actually drew a picture of Crockpot on my coworkers board at her desk.
We have been slowly adding to it. She gave him some grass. A sun shining.
Last week I added an axe to the neck and blood droplets.
I think I will take a picture and post here, ha ha ha.
Meghan, glad I can start your day out so well. This blog brings out the inner asshole :)
Cate, yes the baby stage is about a week long. Then come the feathers and the ATTITUDE.
Dori, I love the name Crockpot...it is my favorite ever. Stew not so much. Potsticker is pretty good too. Pot pie, Potsticker and Crock Pot are totally going to be in my yard.
My daughter and I named her hermit crabs Crabpuff, Crabcake, etc. It was fun. Love the names you gave the chickens. Love your blog, too.
Post a Comment