He tried to crow the other day...kind of sounded like a turkey gobble.
Today he jumped at me and pecked me after I grabbed Stew and she sqwuaked. Oops.

Don't be touching my hen!
The vulture slash velicoraptor chicks are doing okay. One is definitely a rooster and kind of mean.


Come closer, I have a secret to tell you. A SECRET

Not close enough! Damn it! Foiled again! I'll get you next time

Same here. Watch your back, crazy chicken lady

Look, I can do that too!
Remember back when I posted pics of the porch railing I built?
First off, here is my house when I first bought it:

Then I painted the porch and railing and added a porch swing.

Then the dogs jumped through the railing and got loose so I added onto it.

Well that was last year and the wood was too wet to paint. By the time it dried all the way, the weather was too cold and rainy..
Finally we painted it this weekend.

And today I went and got new spring flowers hanging baskets.

My house is so damn cute. The yard is a disaster.....courtesy of Ms Foxy. But it is improving by leaps and bounds. I have reseeded a small portion of it and am in the process of doing the same on the rest. It is filling in relatively well and should be looking great by end of growing season, I believe. Because I am reseeding with the same fescue blend I used in spots last year, it should come in great next spring. The stuff I put down last year that came in okay by winter....has really come in well this year.
It is a work in progress! My house would be SUPER cute with a real lawn, ha ha.
More pics! Excuse the junk on the porch....still catching up with things!



I need to split a piece of railing down the middle to fill in the final rail on each side...without it, the gap is large enough for the dogs to fit their head through. I am almost tempted to leave it, as they LOVE to do that to look out. Bella can fit through though, and accidently fall out. Maybe I will just do the bottom? We'll see.
Toby demonstrates.

I still need to build a gate. But it is such a wide opening I am torn on how best to do it. Any single swinging gate will sag badly and be SO heavy. We'll see. For now, I have a piece of plastic mesh hooked across it. Toby and Bella don't try to get through it (Frankie will) and are only out supervised anyways.
I also got some flowers (purple petunias) for the arbor area.

So cute!
I need to repaint the front porch now (steps are all peeled already) and then do SOMETHING with the back porch. But first, I need to build a chicken coop and pen. Or at least a pen! I need to get the next batch into a day pen and have nowhere to put them. I am considering moving Crockpot and Stew to the dog pen (during the day only) and the vulture chicks can go to the chicken playpen until I do something better.
Crockpot and Stew already had a short visit in the dog pen and enjoyed it.

Obviously, Frankie was not in there at the same time. Otherwise, we would no longer have Crockpot and Stew.

They look delicious
Yesterday started off well. I went to drop my mom off at the airport...woke up before 5am. Drove her there, dropped her off and came back. Just parking in my carport when she called to say her flight got delayed. AN ENTIRE DAY. So I had to leave again and go pick her back up. It was a good 2.5 hours of driving...from about 5am to 7:30am. By the time I got home, I had a serious migraine.
So then I went to a punk show. Ha! Genius, I am not....
Went to see this fun punk band called Against Me! play. I ended up having to park in a dirt lot, under an overpass, between a pile of trash and a large rock. And the lot partially flooded and was totally uneven and I was totally offroading in my sad little old firebird. Gotta love it.
But it was fun times. I need to get out more. I am leaving town for a concert festival in a few weeks for just a day away with a friend......and already trying to schedule in my next local concert trip. I need to escape from my crazy animals.....
That's it for now. Foxy gets her feet trimmed (finally, about 5 weeks overdue) Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes.

7 comments:
Sounds like the chickens need to learn not to peck the hands that feed them, lol...
I wonder what would happend if Foxy met the chickens? Would they fight or gang up on you? Your blog cracks me up!!
Your house is so cute! Too bad Foxy didn't like it there! Anyways, your blog is my fave!
Dori, my chickens need to learn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for sure.
Denali, the last place Foxy lived had chickens. They kept them in a coop except for a couple nasty roosters. One was particularly nasty and would attack me while I was there. I used to try to fend him off with a lead rope or threaten him. He was a pain. Finally they got rid of him.
Foxy mostly ignored him. If he was in the way she would pin her ears at him and go towards him....one time he was coming after me when I was holding her and she threatened to cowkick at him....more because he was coming at US than her trying to protect me.
Foxy is done with the crazy breeding business. She has no patience for the cocks! (hahaha, sorry, I could not help myself)
Horsecrazy23, thanks! for both things :)
Ha ha ha! Funny!! We had a rooster one time when I was little. His name was Sergeant Slaughter because he killed everything! My mom had to carry around a hose in the back yard because he would always break out and try to kill her too. When I was 10 he "mysteriously disappeared" my mom said he ran away... I remember having chicken around the same time...
Is Foxy a TB? She looks like one. Do you know her pedigree? She looks like my friends horse, who is also TB. Just curious!
Foxy is a mutt. She is either a QH or Paint.....or mix of one of those two. Definitely not a TB.
Maybe I should name one of my roosters ADIOS.....
I think you can get DNA testing done on horses to figure out their breed (if your curious.)
Post a Comment