Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Windy day

Foxy seems to be over the colic right now....she is out eating hay and just drank some water. Maybe not 100% but not rolling and acting crazy right now. The ridic rains have stopped for now and it is very windy instead. Like 35 mph winds. Oh boy! Foxy loves those too....not.....but she is at least eating something...I have switched her beet pulp/afalfa/triplecrown mush to just alfalfa mush for now with the colic issue. I dont want the beet pulp or triple crown hanging around in her belly if she has a belly ache. If I could find anything other than alfalfa pellets (like timothy!) I would make a mush of that, but I have not been able to.

Talked to the boarding lady and left a message for the transport people. I pretty much just need to get Foxy to the boarding place at this point......hoping I can get it done today or tomorrow. That would be nice.

I was THIS close to euthanizing Foxy last night. What stops me is that I know if I can just get her to the boarding place, she will improve. Or at least I sure hope so. All signs point to yes, says my crystal ball.

So I had to call in sick to work again, for the second time in two weeks, because of my horse as I was up most of the night and spent the rest on the couch, getting up for hourly checks. My boss doesn't even like animals at all and doesn't like people calling in sick even when actually sick. Meaning calling for a sick animal is not the best way to make friends there. Bottom line is that I need to get this horse issue resolved because today needs to be the last day I call in because of her.

That is the current Crazy Pants update. Here's hoping we don't blow away.....

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

We have winds heading our way, "Santa Ana" winds. Oh, boy! They are NOT FUN! They come from the high desert and swoop down to us...hot, dry winds. They drive horses and kids crazy! I'm glad I don't have yard duty at school today!