Sunday, November 30, 2008

Delicious!

Tonight I needed to give Foxy a tube of probiotics (dewormed her yesterday, full tube of Ivermectin....two weeks ago did half a tube as I was unsure the worming schedule at last barn) tonight and did not feel like trudging through the mud and muck to get to her so just put it in a mini mash with a little sweet fed and about half a bag of apples/cinnamon oatmeal and some hot water. Holy moly, it smelled awesome. One of my dogs was out there when I gave it to her and kept trying to get up on the fence to get into her bucket. She gave it two hooves up!

I got her Christmas gifts today....a bag of sour black licorice gummies and a bag of hard sour apple candies. She did end up getting her hot applie pie yesterday as well (or rather half yesterday, half today).

I know it sounds like all I do is give Ms Foxy tons and tons of sugar, but this is all in moderation. Foxy gets about a half bale of orchard/timothy/etc a day. Along with about half a pound of sweet feed AM and PM. And at night I also give her a hot mash of a half pound of alfalfa pellets and a quarter pound of beet pulp. Not much at all! So she is not exactly getting a huge amount of sugar in her grain as she is not really getting much grain at all....I don't feel bad giving her sugary treats here and there.

I have a bag of Triple Crown Complete to start her on after this batch of sweet feed is up (soon). I guess it is obvious that she does not get much when I mention that this 50lb bag of sweet feed has lasted.....8 weeks so far with about a week left to go? I used to give her about a 1/4 lb AM and PM, so that stretched it a bit. I am going to start upping her beet pulp to at least a pound a day (she loves her mash) as well. She also gets a vitamin supplement, probiotics and electrolytes (except today as I ran out) of course.

But Foxy takes after her food lady and loves her junk food, ha ha ha. I might have some of that apple cinnamon outmeal for breakfast! Mmmmmmm......

No comments: