Monday, September 15, 2008

Making Progress.....

[this entry was lost due to power outage...I am posting anyways even though it is a few days old.

So I have a new date to look forward to. I am currently planning on moving Ms Foxy here to the backyard...in two weeks! I may actually move it to three for convenience, but as of right this moment a partial month of board has been paid and she is planning on coming here in two weeks.



The fence is up, although not yet electrified. We still need to put in the grounding rods and hook up the actual fence charger.



This is a view of the doggie playpen in the inside and the new electric fencing on the outside.

Photobucket



I do have to say that Ms Foxy is very easy on fences...she has never, that I know of or that the boarding people have ever witnessed, challenged any fence......pipe stall, wood rail, smooth wire on t-posts, or otherwise.......however her only experience on hot fencing was I believe some hot wire used as a gate in a neighbor's field last year. Have no idea if she ever touched it, or if it was even turned on when she was in there.



I would probably not use this fencing or set up with "normal horses". Foxy will basically be living in my yard (Front, back, side everything). Unless I crossfence her away from it, she will have access to everything. The detached garage/workshop was converted to have a small stall in the front portion that will be available as a....three sided shelter of sorts. We built a basic divided to keep her out of the back portion where the mower and hay will be kept. We built a small wall and installed a steel door to keep her out of the other half of the garage where normal garage things are kept (which also has a plywood elevated floor that she would totally fall right through. If I can get that side cleaned and rearranged, some hay will go over there as well. I am hoping to keep a ton on each side......Probably won't last the full winter but I am willing to pay out my you know what to get hay should I run out...I just don't have the storage space (yet!) because the roof leaks badly in that shed and so we have to work around it.



And here is Ms Foxy yesterday



Photobucket



And here practicing her ground tying (sidenote: she does not ground tie. she does however stand wherever I leave her unless something better comes up...which is rare)



Photobucket

No comments: