So, I am still alive. Still have issues......treating one problem seems to be leading to another and another....all the medicine is making me sick...I have been on a million drugs over the last 2 months and my stomach is totally not happy about this.
Time for more drugs! Back to the doctor again tomorrow. This will be visit #8 since this started...visit #9 is already scheduled for next Tuesday. What the fluck. My copays are killing me, yo. Not to mention the part where I had saved up a week of time off so I could fly back to California for a visit....well by now, I have not only used up that week off but also 2 days of NOTHING. I am so broke yo. So much for my trip back to Cali!
So yes, that is that. My mom is flying in Saturday for a visit so that will be nice.
The chicken that was attacked by the dog is still hanging in there. I think she has a broken leg.....she eats but doesn't have much of an appetite and has lost tons of weight. Plus she is basically laying in her own poop all the time. I tried giving her a bath today. THAT was fun.....
Here she is in the tub in the extra bedroom.

Here she was the day before the "accident", in their first big day out with the big kids. The black feathers are the Giant Rooster and one of the Evil Buttercups are in their group pecking around also.

In other news, I am getting 7-8 eggs a day now. I think at least 9 chickens are laying..not sure on that last Disco Chicken......


The big Red Rooster is still in solitary confinement. Sucks to be him!

The Blue Andalusian flock is for sale but I haven't had any bites yet. Which is okay because they should all start laying in the next month and then I may just get a dozen eggs a day and that would be hilarious. HILARIOUS.

That is the Splash Andalusian girl. She is quite pretty.
Here is the Blue Andalusian boy who is kind of a jackass.

I am loving this time change. It is light nice and early so I can let the chickens out before I shower and get ready for work and they are ready to be locked up pretty soon after I get home from work. Conveniently, my dad put up a solar powered motion sensor light on the front of the coop while he was visiting so that I won't have to rely on my dinky flashlight.

Thanks Dad! :)
I love fall. It is just so pretty.
Here is my road.

And the parking lot next to where I work (LOL).

The worst part about this time change is that by the time I get home and lock the chickens up, it is dark before I even get to the barn. I am driving 20 miles in the middle of the country on backroads, all by myself, to a barn that is empty....where I walk a few hundred feet in the dark, to a paddock that is totally dark, to catch my horse and walk her back through the dark to the barn......where we work with the scant barn lights available, then walk back through the dark to the the field.
Did I mention this is all in the DARK?
Yep. Dark.
Then I walk back through the fields to my car...in the dark....where I drive back through 20 miles of back country roads...in the dark.....to my house.
WHERE IT IS DARK.
Did I mention that it is dark out?
Foxy doesn't care as long as I still provide carrots.

Carrot lady! Bring it on, sister!
If nothing else, every now and then the Universe throws me a bone.

Thanks, Chinese Food buffet takeout place. Thanks.

20 comments:
have you tried making the injured chicken a leg splint to give her leg extra support while it heals?
I have just started reading your blog. Ha, it was *I* who brought forth the magic number of 50. :-)
hey foodlady/crazy chicken lady.
Glad you seem to be feeling better.
I wanted to mention that you should tell your physician that you want to be checked for C. Difficile, its a bacteria that thrives in conditions where the normal flora in the gut has been killed by massive quantities of antibiotics. Its a very nasty bug to have too much of.
Hope you continue on the path to wellness!
Thanks for the update!
I'll put you over the top with 51 followers. Been reading your blog for awhile. Love it!
Hopefully you are on the mend. Drugs are never fun on the stomach. That poor little chicken looks sad. It might be more humane to put her to sleep.
Yeah, I've heard that chickens don't do well with broken legs, but my sister was able to rehab one last summer. Glad to see that you still have your sense of humor despite feeling crappy and DARK!!
Leading horses in the dark is fun. Not really. Love your blog.
I am oddly relieved to see a new post! I imagine you have mentioned the chickens to your doctor? You never know, could be some weird chicken bacteria or something. It would seem suit your sense of humor to get avian flu when the rest of the world has swine flu :-D
I am also not loving the drive to the barn in the dark. Or walking the dog in the dark, or...
you go 50!! Sorry thought I was already following . Hope you get to feeling better soon . Sounds like a rough go of it you have had!
Thanks for all the new followers! Ask and ye shall receive. I got 4 since yesterday YAY. LOL.
Did anyone see Bones tonight? It involved chickens! I was cracking up....
Had another dr appt today and they found something different wrong that got missed last time....so starting some new drugs tonight, hopefully they will help. I'm so over it!
That picture of the injured chicken was from the first day just an hour or two after the attack so she looks more pathetic there. I am actually more concerned about her 'attitude' than anything else, so I am going to put her outside with her sister to get some fresh air...hopefully tomorrow, but if not, at least on saturday. She needs a "pick me up"...she is just sad and alone.
Hey! This is actually HorseCrazy, but an old friend/now enemy broke into my account. ya'll should follow my anti horse slaughter blog Just Say Neigh! at www.justsayneigh.blogspot.com! ttyl!
I hope you and your chickie both feel better soon!
Lol, I did see that Bones episode...and the creepy chicken parasites!
how are you and ms. chicken feeling foxy? any updates?
It appears you are well on your way to 100 followers. Congrats on hitting the 60 mark.
Oh my gosh, I hope you are okay? I'm going through withdrawal!!
We are in need of a Foxy/Chicken fix and we might even want to know if you are OK. Well, we really want to hear about Foxy and the Chickens and you are the scribe for their antics.
I'm alive! But still having problems.....back to the doctor for the umpteenth time today, yay. Broken leg chicken is still hobbling around, baby injured chicken is in the house recovering, Foxy is still hanging out although I haven't been to see here in a while...gotta go this weekend.
Okay our lives intersected today. sort of. I was treating my gelding who is a pansy, spoiled rotten and a money machine for scratches and a rooster attacked me! I immediately thought of you. He didnt drop it either and kept circling me. Jerk Chicken! Chicken Picata!
Glad to see you! we miss you! I had c diff as one commenter has suggested you be tested - NOT GOOD. Hope it was. not. that.
Hope you are feeling better. Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment