Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tastes like chicken......

It's just about time for a Rooster Barbeque around here.....


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Bad Rooster. He flogged my dad, he flogged my brother in law........and today he flogged ME. THE BASTARD.

And the Red Rooster has found his hormones and is driving the girls craaaaazy. I actually have a bruise on my leg from kicking him across the yard when he was harassing a girl. I also grabbed him by his tail feathers and tossed him about 10 feet the other day too. Found one of the chickens with pants hiding in the coop one day...thought that was weird. Following day all three of the chickens with pants hiding in the coop. So the Red Rooster got wrangled and put into solitary confinement in the pen. He is not happy.




Photobucket


He had a growth spurt and is HUGE. He is going to be the size of the Giant Rooster very soon. He is going to taste delicous :) I am looking to get rid of him asap. He is just too rough and mean with the girls. Not allowed!

The little chicks are looking cute. I am getting ready to get rid of all the boys there too, which will cut it down from 22 to.....less than 10.

Photobucket


The 2nd youngest batch is doing good. Weird coloring.
Photobucket



And good ol Stew! Number 2! She just started laying this week and is just as friendly as the original Stew. Just slightly darker color. She bit me today, but I think I startled her. Normally she is Ms Friendly, and she was fine afterwards.
Photobucket

I know you all were going into Chicken Update withdrawals, so there ya go. Ms Foxy got her feet trimmed last week and that is about all there is to report about her. I have felt so crappy I haven't been out to see her much, so her scratches are back with a vengeance. Argh.

That's all I got today, yo.

7 comments:

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

How long has your title said "Foxy Pants and friends?" That's awesome!

I need to learn to make amazing titles too. Cute chickens! Is the crazy colored one a home bred chicken or an inport?

appydoesdressage said...

I WAS in fact going through Chicken withdrawals. Hubby thinks they are "up to something" so no chickens for me yet. Till I move way out in the country :)

I very much enjoy your updates, keep them coming!

Unknown said...

Yeah we need more chicken crazies around here!

MsFoxy said...

Denali, I think I changed the title to have "and friends" a few months ago? It's been a while!

The crazy colored one is an import, lol. It is one that I hatched out in the first batch in the incubator. It's coloring is totally wrong...supposed to be a Salmon Faverolle, but is WAY wrong. Oh well, looks cute.

Appy, chickens ARE up to something. All the time. They are busy busy little creatures. They crack me up! You should see me walking through the yard with 17 chickens crowding along behind me. It is ridiculous. :)

Dori said...

Glad to hear you and the birds are doing well. I'm happy to send you my "rooster and dumplings" recipe. Sounds like you need it.

Michelle said...

I was having chicken withdrawals!! I can't believe how big the little ones are already. It hasn't been THAT long, has it?

Anonymous said...

On 09/21/09, I had posted that "My daughter's mare had scratches and we, too, have tried everything. Discovered a 2001 article on scratches in a farrier's magazine, "Anvil" where they advise mixing equal parts of: Nitrofurazone, panacur and DMSO. First time we used it, horse danced a bit, so for second treatment, we doubled the Nitrofurazone. Scratches are almost gone and we are on treatment #4. I have a list of things that we used in the last 9 months that didn't work." As of 10/03/09, all scratches were gone. It is now 10/28/09 and even
with the last week of rain, still no scratches-and she'd had them for 9-12 months prior.